Can I track iPhone system changes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Badfoot, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Badfoot macrumors 6502

A note was written on an iPhone Notes app, which carried a time and date of creation. I understand this date/time information is taken from the iPhone's clock.

Now if you manually set your iPhone's date & time to, say, a month ago, then that will be the date & time stamped on any notes you then create. You would then reset the clock to the current time once you have your note with the date you wanted.

My question is; Is there any way to tell if an iPhone's clock has been manually altered like this?. Is there a system log or something that records when changes, like resetting the time manually, has occurred?.

I need some way of confirming that a note most probably wasn't typed on the time and date indicated.

Are notes shown in the order they were created, or by the time/date stamp they carry?.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

2. jg2693 macrumors newbie

What did your kids do this time?!?!? Haha, only joking with you. It is possible to have manually set the clock, then edited the note, which would carry that timestamp, then an adjustment back to the date / time.. It's impossible to see if that was done, guess whoever pulled something sneaky is going to get away with it this time...

3. Badfoot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. It's a little more serious than someone just having a lark I'm afraid. I know with a PC you could see if the date was messed around with, and when it was done. Just wondered if this was possible on the iPhone too ?.

Is there a system log I could access?

Are messages in the Notes app shown in the order they were created, or by the date/time stamp (whether it was false or not) that they carry. I can't verify this last point myself yet as I don't have access.

BTW, the iPhone is a 3GS on the latest software, if that helps.