can i trade my 3gs for an iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AreYouDeadYet, Sep 3, 2011.

1. AreYouDeadYet macrumors newbie

so i really want an iphone 4 but i got the 3gs i just got it a while ago hasnt been 30 days yet can i go to at&t store and trade it for an iphone 4? the 3gs was 83 bucks so will they charge me like 120 for the iphone 4?plz reply apple is gonna forget about the 3gs in a while n i dont wanna b stuk wit it :(

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

As long as you are within the 30 grace-period, you can modify the terms of your contract without penalty. That includes the phone and plan details.

3. AreYouDeadYet thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but wt if my dad pays for it but i dont live wit him he lives 2 hours away does he hav to b there with me to change my phone

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes you can exchange your iPhone 3GS at AT&T. Within the initial 30 period you are allowed to make one phone exchange. You are not making any changes to your contract or terms, it is just an called an equipment exchange.

Yes you will have to pay the price difference between the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4.

Dave

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

If he was the one who signed the contract, then yes.

6. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

you will also have to pay a restocking fee at AT&T.

A $35 restocking fee applies to all devices purchased at an AT&T-owned retail store, except where prohibited.
    A $35 restocking fee applies to all netbook/notebook purchases, except where prohibited.
    A 10% restocking fee applies to all tablet purchases, except where prohibited.
    A 10% restocking fee applies to all iPhone and iPad purchases, except where prohibited. The 10% restocking fee does not apply if the device is returned unopened.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, this is not the only way. :eek:

Are you older than 18?

Your father could add you as an authorized retail user. You would need to know the last 4 digits of his SSN and any PIN number on the account (if he has set this additional security feature).

He can do this by going into any AT&T Corporate retail location or updating the account information using the web interface to Online Account Management ( OLAM ).

You will also need to present a photo id.

Dave