Can I Transfer Bookmarks from iPhone *to* Explorer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BergerFan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Does anyone know how to do this? In iTunes, there's only an option to transfer from Explorer to iPhone, not the other way around.
    I don't want to lose all the bookmarks on my current iPhone, because I want to transfer them to the 3G model when I eventually get it, and copying them over manually would be a chore indeed, lol.

Also the same question applies to contacts and adding them from iPhone to Outlook Express.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

As i know there is no option to transfer them over.

I believe they are saved in the iPhones Backup thought. so dont no if you can restore you new iPhone 3G with a current iPhones backup. Highly doubt it though.

3. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I don't see your problem? Why would you need to transfer them from your phone? You have synced with your computer, therefore they are on your pc and your phone identically. When you sync the new 3G iPhone, it will put the bookmarks, addresses, email accounts etc etc to it.

4. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I had them all on my PC, but I had to reinstall the OS, so I lost them. They're still on the iPhone, but I can't get them back onto the PC. :(

5. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Ah, that changes things somewhat. I'm not sure if jailbreaking (if you haven't already) then ssh'ing into your phone and finding the files manually, then copying to your Mac would work? I'm not very clued up on the whole jailbreaking thing, maybe somebody knows better?

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I don't even think SSH can do that...

I wonder if MobileMe will have that feature, though (since .mac currently syncs bookmarks from the Mac, I wonder if MobileMe will work with iPhone).