Can I transfer my iPhone's contacts to my macbook?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Unlockboot4s, May 27, 2012.

1. Unlockboot4s macrumors newbie

I want to copy the contacts on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 to my macbook's address book, is there a clear way to do this?
    Thanks

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

yes, in itunes go to the info page, check sync adress book contacts

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

4. ocool macrumors newbie

but can u just sync the contacts without the iphone data itself...

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Also would vote for iCloud ... Keeps it nice in sync across devices. This way I keep my iMac, MBA and iPads aligned.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. abentemaliyo macrumors newbie

Re: Can I transfer my iPhone's contacts to my macbook?

Surely, you can.

I guess the only good way is to connect to iTunes and sync. In sync settings, uncheck everything but Contacts. Sync contacts with Windows Contacts. When you get your new iPhone, connect it to iTunes and check its Contacts sync with Windows Contacts again. That should not affect your music (I guess) and backup your contacts too.

8. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

iCloud is a lot easier; as it updates over the air automatically. Install the iCloud application for windows if you dont have a mac.

9. sjpapa macrumors newbie

With Mavericks No more Sync Contacts with iTunes

I find this a huge draw back!

It is not possible to sync contacts between iPhone and Mac via iTunes on Mac OS 10.9. Syncing is only possible via iCloud.

Apple tries to lure us into iCloud. Its practical, but why should I publish all my contacts to Apple?

10. Jernigan, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

Jernigan macrumors newbie

You can import contacts from iPhone to mac, which is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes.
    To sync Contacts between iTunes and an iPhone, get your USB cable and open iTunes. From there - type sync contacts into the help menu search field and iTunes help will walk you through the setup. With a few clicks, you should be at a window like this and can turn on the sync for that device.
    Or get another app FonePaw iOS Transfer to quickly transfer contacts.