Can I transfer my parent's contract into my name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to transfer my Mom's account into my own name? I'd like to keep the same number if it's possible, just to have the bill in my name now...

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

im pretty sure u can keep ur number in a new contract/carrier.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I know on Rogers it's possible, however I believe all the credits and stuff on the account are removed.

4. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I was going to transfer my number from our family's family plan but decided not do. They were going to let us do it though.

5. pcorrado macrumors 6502

Yes you can,

My understanding is that you will have to do it in person with you and your mom present. You will be doing a transfer of liability - I believe you will lose rollover minutes. You also must pass the credit check.

One thing to keep in mind is that you may have to be 11 months into your contract to do this - at least that is the case were you splitting off your line into your account, this may be different but you may as well be prepared of the possibility.

6. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be 12 months into my contract in a couple of weeks.

Also, do you think they would let me get a phone number starting with certain numbers? Let's say I wanted a number that started with "559" do you think they could do it?