Carrier Can I transfer the t-mobile sim from my iPad to a Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peapody, Mar 7, 2018.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Hi everyone,

I have done a search, but can't really get a definitive answer to this question.

I have a ipad with a t-mobile auto renew plan (2 gb North America).

I want to transfer the sim to my iphone 6 (on verizon). I mostly want to do this to take advantage of the free music streaming.

I am wondering if this could be done? Very appreciative of anyone's help :)

2. redleg6 macrumors newbie

Sorry, can't do that. SIMs are carrier specific.

3. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Doesn't sound likely. Your iPad is likely on a tablet plan, which probably will not work correctly in an iPhone. If the iPhone is carrier-locked to Verizon, then it definitely won't work.

4. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

5. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

Not sure if this would apply to your specific problem but for everyone’s FYI, I talked to Apple about being worried about getting a TMo iPhone X rather than an unlocked phone in case I wanted to change carriers. The unlocked phones aren’t eligible for the Apple upgrade finance program I wanted to get on. The rep assured me that if I wanted to change to a carrier that used the other kind of iPhone, Apple would swap my current phone with the model that worked on the new carrier as long as my current phone wasn’t damaged. So there’s that.

6. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

Get a T-Mobile hotspot and use that with your iPad. The hotspot will work faster and work better in fringe areas.