iPhone X Can I Turn On LowMode Battery AllTime ( X )

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by titrau, Nov 3, 2018.

1. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Is it ok to do so ??? does it hurt battery or anything ?

thanks /

2. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

If you can still do your thing, why not :)

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It won't hurt your phone. However, it doesn't make sense to pay a lot of money for a iPhone and then put it on low power mode all the time. Doing that severely limits the total function of the phone.

I think you are worrying a lot about nothing, when it comes to your iPhone. You read the forum and like clockwork, you start to worry and make threads. Many others here who do the same thing.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

You can.

In terms of harming your battery, if anything it would do the opposite. Discharging more slowly means you’ll go through fewer battery cycles, which should actually prolong the life of your battery.

I honestly don’t notice much difference in performance for most tasks in low power mode, so I use it fairly often.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It should not harm anything. Can I ask why you would want to do it?

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

There are definitely some trade-offs but I don't know if I'd say the LPM severely limits total function of the phone. It does for some things and can be more noticeable depending on how someone uses their phone, while at the same time might be almost not noticeable depending on how someone else uses theirs.

7. now i see it macrumors 68040

Switching the phone to low power mode right after its fully charged to 100% will get you a few extra hours of battery life compared to not using it.

It throttles the CPU to run slower (and cooler) and turns off many background processes and other stuff. There's a guy that did extensive testing with it on & off and keeping it on all the time definitely gave him much longer battery life. — At the expense of a slower phone and no push features.

Anyone can test for themselves — run a Geekbench test with battery saver on & off. Big difference in CPU speed, & battery drain.

8. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Attention aware features make reading with battery saver mode possible. Before screen would time out too quick for me to ever use it. Works for iBooks anyway but I almost never use it.

Won’t hurt your battery but you won’t get much benefit from using it either.

9. titrau thread starter macrumors 65816

titrau

I turn off
    its feel like cheat and not much benifit
    only need when 20% mode

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Cheat?

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

What is 20% mode? You wanted to use all the time.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Presumably to make the battery last as long as possible. I’ve done it. It really doesn’t seem to hamper performance very much. At least not for the simple stuff I generally use my phone for.