Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
I just read that I can save 5.5 gigs of space by deleting printer drivers and language packs that I don't use. The problem is that I never saw such an option when I was installing Leopard. I left the room, and returned when I heard the welcome video playing. It must have gone to default after I didn;t select anything. Annoying.

Is it possible for me to delete these space hogs or do I have to do an install all over again?

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
when you're installing leopard there is a customize button right before installing where you could have choosen to not include those things.

timhyland

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2006
The same thing happened to me. Does anyone know of any way to remove the extra language packs/drivers etc after the install?

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
the languages only take up a gig. its the printer drivers that are the real hogs. 3.5 gigs. they are in system>library>printers. You can try just uninstalling them. i'm sure it's safe, they are just drivers when i talked to epson they told me to delete them when i had problems. or you can do an A&I reinstall unchecking that stuff you missed the first time. it installs faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.