Can I unlock with ultrasnow when jailbroken with redsnow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stievy-wonder, May 29, 2012.

1. stievy-wonder macrumors newbie

Hi, is it possible to unlock with ultrasnow fixer when I've jailbroken my iPhone with redsnow or should I rejailbreak it with ultrasnow?

Thanks in advance...

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

-facepalm-

Do your research.

Redsn0w is for Jailbreaking, restoring, and for flashing the iPad Baseband. Ultrasn0w is a Cydia package that you install after Jailbreaking to unlock your device.

If you have an unlockable baseband, installing Ultrasn0w will unlock your device.

3. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

But what's with IPSW? Do I have to do that before starting the unlock procedure?

Can I just download from cydia ultrasnow, install it on my phone and it's unlocked? No need to connect to my pc or anything?

----------

Do I have to install ultrasnow fixer first? Because in this vid she tells me so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6dTUIeMoE (2.15-2.40)

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

What iPhone and baseband do you currently have?

5. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

7. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that didn't work. It still says 'no service'.

How can I reboot without going through the whole iTunes recovering process?
    Because last time I my iPhone got in recovery mode and it had to recover with iTunes.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Reboot is just pushing the power button, or do you mean restore?

You can kick it out of recovery with TinyUmbrella or redsn0w

What is your exact setup, 06.15 bb should work

9. j4l macrumors member

What firmware are u on? If 5.1.1 then Follow this as mentioned in my other post:

you can unlock on 5.1.1, if you have the 6.15.00 baseband. Follow the below:

if you're an Ultrasnow unlocker, DevTeam has not released an update for 5.1.1 but an independent team has.

Add this repo: http://repo.iparelhos.com

Then grab the "5.1.1 Ultrasnow fixer" patch, install, REBOOT your phone and you should be good to go.

10. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 3gs 32gb
    version 16.05.00
    serial nr 86017WCH3NR
    model nr: MC141DN
    IMEI: 01 216300 458832 5

Previously I had an 4.1 software and he was both unlocked and jailbroken, so I had no problem calling and messaging.

Maybe it has got something to do with when I'm putting my sim in the phone, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I didn't make a IPSW file?

I could go and see someone to unlock it but that costs 35 dollars...

11. j4l macrumors member

Ok follow my steps it has worked for both my iphone 3gs. Update ur device via itunes to 5.1.1 if it fails or gives errors then use the latest snowbreeze to cook a custom 5.1.1 firmware den dfu ur device n restore using that in itunes it will be tethered but u download rocky racoon 5.1.1 untethered from cydia to untether ur device..

Then follow my previous steps to unlock..

12. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

What is your exact baseband?

Ultrasn0w can only unlock BB version up to 5.13.04 for the 3GS
    Anything higher can't be unlocked.

If you have a higher BB you might be stuck if you upgraded to 5.1.1 without preserving your old baseband.
    5.1.1 comes with 5.16.05....

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently I have jailbreaked my iPhone without maken a IPSW copy and so no it's a 5.16.05 BB version.

What can I do know? I can miss a Navigation but of course I'd like to have one :)

15. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You might need to wait until Redsn0w is updated then. When that happens, you can install the iPad baseband (6.15.00) and unlock via Ultrasn0w after Jailbreaking.

16. spotsphill macrumors regular

iPhone 4S AT&T

I was about to upgrade to 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S AT&T. I am currently running 5.0 with 1.0.11 baseband and I am going to take a trip abroad and wanted to use another GSM sim card. I know there isn't a software unlock currently available, but I was wondering what baseband is associated with the 5.1.1 upgrade? The Gevey Ultra website says that it works with "1.0.11, 1.013, 1.0.14, 2.0.10 and 2.0.12." I don't want to upgrade to 5.1.1 only to find out the updated baseband isn't supported. Can anyone check their AT&T 4S for me please?

Thanks!

17. stievy-wonder thread starter macrumors newbie

So there's no way to unlock my iPhone and have my Navigation function still intact? I know someone who can permanently unlock with IMEI, would this help?