Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmizesr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
I have an Ipad Air 2 currently running 13.6.1. I jailbroke it to get around the activation lock. Can I update to IOS 14.5.1? Forgive me if that's a dumb question. I just honestly have no idea.

Thanks

DWM

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
According to this you can:

What that means is you can update the iPad Air 2 to iPadOS 14.5.1 and then re-jailbreak with checkra1n. Then you have to reinstall Cydia with the iOS checkra1n app and then re-install all the tweaks and other jailbreak stuff you want.

What I don't know is how well the jailbreak works or if the tweaks you currently have installed will work. I advise you to research thoroughly.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020
According to this you can:

What that means is you can update the iPad Air 2 to iPadOS 14.5.1 and then re-jailbreak with checkra1n. Then you have to reinstall Cydia with the iOS checkra1n app and then re-install all the tweaks and other jailbreak stuff you want.

What I don't know is how well the jailbreak works or if the tweaks you currently have installed will work. I advise you to research thoroughly.

They will

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.