Can I Update my 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrPDaddyHimself, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MrPDaddyHimself macrumors regular

MrPDaddyHimself

From what I understand I'm maxed out at 2GB of RAM. But, considering Apple's release today, can anyone tell me if I could update my MacBookPro to be like or similar to those offered now? More RAM, bigger drives, etc. Just curious....

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You can pull out the hard drive and upgrade it, but if your MBP only takes a maximum of 2GBs of RAM, you're outta luck putting any more in.

3. tekulvi macrumors member

You would be faced with purchasing the chip and doing some elaborate computer surgery that would most definately void your warrenty if you decided to upgrade a chip. I am not even sure its possible (well anything is possible). This may even cost a lot of money depending one the cost of the chip.

This leaves you with 3 choices....

1. Buy a new macbook....sell the one you have for a discounted price.
    2. Purchase the next to last Macbook refurbished ( which allows for 4GB of Ram).....sell the one you have
    3. Enjoy the one you have...because it a pretty damn powerful machine to begin with.

I have the same one as you....and Ill wait out a couple of updates. I may even dive into a Imac before diving into another notebook.