Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
From what I understand I'm maxed out at 2GB of RAM. But, considering Apple's release today, can anyone tell me if I could update my MacBookPro to be like or similar to those offered now? More RAM, bigger drives, etc. Just curious....

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
You can pull out the hard drive and upgrade it, but if your MBP only takes a maximum of 2GBs of RAM, you're outta luck putting any more in.

tekulvi

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Rotterdam Junction, NY
From what I understand I'm maxed out at 2GB of RAM. But, considering Apple's release today, can anyone tell me if I could update my MacBookPro to be like or similar to those offered now? More RAM, bigger drives, etc. Just curious....

You would be faced with purchasing the chip and doing some elaborate computer surgery that would most definately void your warrenty if you decided to upgrade a chip. I am not even sure its possible (well anything is possible). This may even cost a lot of money depending one the cost of the chip.

This leaves you with 3 choices....

1. Buy a new macbook....sell the one you have for a discounted price.
2. Purchase the next to last Macbook refurbished ( which allows for 4GB of Ram).....sell the one you have
3. Enjoy the one you have...because it a pretty damn powerful machine to begin with.

I have the same one as you....and Ill wait out a couple of updates. I may even dive into a Imac before diving into another notebook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.