Can I update my unlocked iPhone with a new Installer Version 3.Ob4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajitsapplepie, Oct 27, 2007.

1. ajitsapplepie macrumors newbie

I just got a new unlocked iPhone from US. it has a installer Version 2.63. while using my Wi-Fi i happen to download new version of Installer 3.0b4. now i have no clues if i can update my phone with this new version or no. Is it ok to install this version or will this lock my phone again making it unusable?
    Anyone of you please guide me on this, since this has been downloaded, it is liying in the update section waiting to be install or updated.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The installer app has no say on whether your phone is unlocked or not its just a third party software. If your phone is running firmware 1.1.1 then you can upgrade but if running 1.0.2 stay with v2.63.

Also be wary that the b in version 3.0b means its a beta software and therefore don't expect perfection.

The installer app won't lock down your phone. The only thing that can and will is iTunes firmware updates

3. ajitsapplepie thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thats a great news for me, just wondering if i can get this thing out from my installer folder. Since the timeits been downloaded i am not able to delete it from the phone and it is displayed on the main installer icon with that big red circle sign. How can i delete this? is there any way to do so without updating or installing this new update?

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I dunno i'm afraid as i personally don't use the installer app. In fact my phone isn't Jailbroken

5. ajitsapplepie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats cool and thanks a lot for the information. i am very much relieved after reading your reply now. and i will try to figure out the way to delete this thing. :)