Can I update to iOS 4.3 now then jailbreak later?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hustler1337, Mar 11, 2011.

  1. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

    Hustler1337

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2010
    Location:
    London, UK
    #1
    Hi guys,

    So, I'm thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone 4 for the very first time (ever). BUT, just wanted to know if I can update to the official iOS 4.3 for now. I have downloaded the update from iTunes but have not yet installled it. But will installing iOS 4.3 mean that I wont be able to jailbreak when the 4.3 Jailbreak is released?

    It's because I've read a few sites quoting this:

    http://www.tech-exclusive.com/avoid-ios-4-3-update-bigboss/
    http://veryrite.com/2011/03/07/do-not-jailbreak-ios-4-3-golden-master-until-public-version-release/
    http://technews.am/conversations/ip...d_unlockers_should_avoid_upgrading_to_ios_4_3
    http://www.technobolt.com/2011/03/0...to-ios-4-3-as-it-will-break-mobile-substrate/


    Now, I'm not sure who this 'BigBoss' guy is (forgive me), but should I follow his advice? Or am I just misreading something, or taken something out of context and this no longer applies?

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks. :D
     
  2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

    hackthatphone

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    #2
    Maybe, maybe not.

    BigBoss might as well be part of the dev team he's been around since the beginning and writes many popular programs like sbsettings.
     
  3. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2008
    #3
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I would say don't update to be safe
     
  4. err404 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    #4
    Odds are you'd be fine, eventually. But it has taken a long time for some versions to be Jailbroken in the past.
    Put it this way; is it ok for you to be w/o a JB for months or possibly forever?

    Personally I took the jump. I understand the risks, but I have been thinking about dropping JB for a while now. Each new version of iOS has made JB less valuable to me. Frankly the only thing keeping me at this point was wifi tethering.
     
  5. Nanook macrumors regular

    Nanook

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2008
    Location:
    LA, CA
    #5
    Don't sweat it. That post was intended for people who are JBed already. Your only danger in upgrading is a longer wait to JB until the one for 4.3 is released, as opposed to JBing now and waiting to update with the rest of us.
     

Share This Page