Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caduceus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Hi, I have an iPhone 3G that is currently on iOS 3.1.2 BB 5.15 I have been trying to upgrade it to 4.XX to upgrade my baseband to 6.15 with redsnow with no success (error 3194) I do not have blobs saved. It seems that Im stuck on 3.1.2 forever. So im wondering if there is a way to upgrade my baseband to 6.15 from iOS 3.1.2? If so could someone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hi, I have an iPhone 3G that is currently on iOS 3.1.2 BB 5.15 I have been trying to upgrade it to 4.XX to upgrade my baseband to 6.15 with redsnow with no success (error 3194) I do not have blobs saved. It seems that Im stuck on 3.1.2 forever. So im wondering if there is a way to upgrade my baseband to 6.15 from iOS 3.1.2? If so could someone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Update with iTunes to 4.2.1. What version of Redsn0w are you using? Certain versions sometimes have trouble installing the baseband.

caduceus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
You need to make a 4.2.1 IPSW in PwnageTool and upgrade with that IPSW.

Ok I havent tried that, but i will.

AWADEEE: I have tried restoring to every iOS4 version and fails. On 4.1 it will restore with erro 1015 but the phone is just black and Tiny umbrella wont recognize the device so i cant kick it out of recovery mode.

Any more ideas will appreciated, Thanks

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Doesn't that tell you what the problem is?

His problem is he's trying to upgrade to iOS 4.2.1, but has the iPad baseband on his iPhone. Thus, iTunes says the upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 fails because it can't downgrade the baseband. Using PwnageTool to make an IPSW will remove the baseband upgrade that's part of iOS 4.2.1 and allow iTunes to properly upgrade his iPhone to iOS 4.2.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.