Can I upgrade directly from bootcamp 2.0 to 3.0 (on windows 7 side)?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ykzlol, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ykzlol macrumors newbie

I just finished installing windows 7, and as I did not have my original osx disc handy (I lost it some time ago), I torrented the bootcamp drivers v2.0 so that Windows would work properly. Installing the drivers worked, but now what I'm wondering is if I can download v3.0 off the apple site and go from 2.0 -> 3.0 directly, or if I need to go update to update (2.0 -> 2.1, 2.1 -> 2.2, etc.) as it would save much time if it's possible to do the latter. Or is there an even easier way, possibly an auto update for bootcamp? Though I haven't been able to find one. Any help appreciated!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

I believe 3.0 is only on the snow leopard dvd, and 3.1 and 3.2 are only updates and require 3.0 to be installed. So you need a snow leopard or Lion disc... I search around the net and didn't find any site where someone uploaded the files, but perhaps someone else may know.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Check for a thread that talks about extracting the drivers from the OS X disc there is a link to download a full DMG from Apple.

B