Can I upgrade iMovie on my laptop using my mac mini applications disc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zgeist, Jan 3, 2011.

1. zgeist macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2010
    When I first bought my laptop, I used to be able to double-click on movies in iPhoto and they would automatically start playing. But ever since I upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard that doesn't work anymore. I did some googling and finally figured out that because my apps haven't been updated that functionality got broken. In other words, if I bought the latest versions of iLife in addition to the latest version of the OS, it would still work.

Well, I did happen to buy a mac mini - which came with both Snow Leopard and a newer version of the iLife apps. (so viewing movies in iPhoto works!)

Is there any way I can use the applications disc that came with my mini to upgrade the appropriate apps on my laptop? I'm not really interested in any of the new features - I just want to be able to double-click my movies in iPhoto to have them play just like I could when I bought the machine!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    This is against the EULA. If you want a copy of the current iLife, buy it.
  3. zgeist thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2010
    Well, since I don't actually care about any of the new features in iLife, is there anyway to get an old feature back?

Does anyone know how I can get the double-click to play my video in iPhoto to work again?