Can I upgrade iMovie on my laptop using my mac mini applications disc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zgeist, Jan 3, 2011.

1. zgeist macrumors newbie

When I first bought my laptop, I used to be able to double-click on movies in iPhoto and they would automatically start playing. But ever since I upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard that doesn't work anymore. I did some googling and finally figured out that because my apps haven't been updated that functionality got broken. In other words, if I bought the latest versions of iLife in addition to the latest version of the OS, it would still work.

Well, I did happen to buy a mac mini - which came with both Snow Leopard and a newer version of the iLife apps. (so viewing movies in iPhoto works!)

Is there any way I can use the applications disc that came with my mini to upgrade the appropriate apps on my laptop? I'm not really interested in any of the new features - I just want to be able to double-click my movies in iPhoto to have them play just like I could when I bought the machine!

Thanks,
    T.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

This is against the EULA. If you want a copy of the current iLife, buy it.

3. zgeist thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, since I don't actually care about any of the new features in iLife, is there anyway to get an old feature back?

Does anyone know how I can get the double-click to play my video in iPhoto to work again?