Can I upgrade the keyboard if I buy in store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Foggy, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Foggy macrumors 6502a

My macbook pro has just gone in for a repair which means no machine for 7-10 days. As this is my work machine I can't go that long without something so it's brought my impending desktop (iMac) purchase forward. I need to get it from the store as the website currently has a 7 day lead time and I can't afford to wait. I am fine with the base spec of the 24" iMac but really would rather have the wireless keyboard. Anyone know if they will be able to upgrade the keyboard in store for the £20 they charge online?

Ta

2. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

You could give it a try, but I doubt it. The keyboard option is really only available on CTO machines. If you really want the wireless one, you could always eBay the old one and put in a few extra dollars to get the wireless keyboard.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Nope - there's a thread on here somewhere about someone who tried to upgrade to the keyboard with number pad, and they couldn't do it in store. Your only choice is to buy online or buy the wireless keyboard separately...

4. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

no i tried and they mocked me untill i pulled out my big wad of cash.....then they mocked me for having cash

5. Nasty Roo macrumors member

I would call down to your local apple store to be sure, but the one by me (Seattle, WA) DOES allow you to upgrade to wireless keyboard and wireless mouse for 50 dollars extra in store.

6. Foggy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I'll pop in and have a chat and maybe if I explain I can't wait and buy it online because my mbp is in for repair they might be a bit flexible.

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Yes, they do it in store for the same price.