can i upgrade to 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SMkdesigns, Mar 17, 2009.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

i have unlock and jailbroken 2.2.1 with the lower baseband and gevey turbo sim and also yello snow installed

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, not yet. Just wait for the Dev Teams JB and UL, which is a few days after 3.0's release (3.0 hasn't been released yet, today was only a preview of what to expect or NOT expect, only released to Developers as a Beta)...

3. KingHuds macrumors 6502

If you dont have the latest baseband unlock with yellowsn0w

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

-iPhone Dev Team

5. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I just jailbroke my phone - and I can honestly say that it has made me even happier that I purchased the iphone. Jailbreaking is great as I am sure you all know.

My question is - when 3.0 is released and jailbroken, will updating make me lose all of my jailbroken settings? It took a while to set up so I am just wondering how long it would take to upgrade once everything is ready to go.

6. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Yes, everytime you jailbreak you have to reinstall your cydia apps since jailbraking is achieved through DFU and restoring.

7. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yes but unfortunately i was stupid and didnt realize you need a developers account to get acess to 3.0 firmware. Thus it should be able to bit torrent the firmware soon enough.

I want it and will try it. I am one of the lucky fee on tmobile and a iphone genius at apple took the iphone out from under the dudes name i bought it from trasfered it to my name and number and also restarted my warranty.

he was like " its cool dude i dont care if you hack the phone my friends do it i do it, its still apple right"

thanks

8. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I would avoid upgrading to the beta 3.0 software if you can get it via bit torrent. It apparently is buggy, just wait until it gets released IMO

9. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

As well, to install the 3.0 beta software you need to register your device. So downloading it through torrents isn't going to guarantee success, you need to pay money.