Can I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlindSoul, May 25, 2012.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello,

I currently have an iPhone 4 Unlocked with SAM in iOS 5.0.1
    I backed up my Unlock Tickets with Redsn0w and I was wondering if it's possible for me to just upgrade now to iOS 5.1.1 and if the Unlock Tickets will still work incase I restore them from my back up?

I was reading I need to preserver my Baseband though I was not sure.

Thank you so much for the helpers!

2. orionfrg macrumors newbie

I took the risk and I can confirm...

No need to preserve Baseband! This method worked for me on an iPhone 4 GSM with SAM activation ticket preserved under iOS 5.0.1 and BB 04.11.08, updated to iOS 5.1.1 with BB 04.12.01 and Jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0.1, Obviously you have to start by installing SAMPrefs from the http://repo.bingner.com, and I used iFile and Dropbox to restore the Lockdown folder with the preserved ticket, here is what I did:

1. Remove original carrier's SIM (or any SIM)
    2. Delete /var/root/Library/Lockdown folder with iFile
    3. Delete /User/Library/Preferences/com.bingner.sam.plist (if its there)
    4. Unzip your SAM activation ticket previously stored in Dropbox (after you click the zip file select to open with iFile)
    5. Copy ONLY the Lockdown folder to /var/root/Library (Dropbox puts it usually in /var/mobile/Documents/var/root/Library/Lockdown, depending on how you preserved your activation ticket)
    6. Reboot device
    7. Once rebooted, insert the unofficial SIM, it will say "No Network" this is OK
    8. Open SAMPrefs
    9. Check if SAMState: Loaded OK, and Disable SAM (Under Suscriber Artificial Module)
    10. The network will change to "Searching..."
    11. Enable it Again, and wait for 5 seconds
    12. Go to Utilities and press "Restore Activation" you will get an error, its OK, go back out
    13. Disable and Enable again, wait a few seconds, and if necessary repeat until signal is acquired (mine took three repetitions)
    14. Once you get the carrier signal, disable and exit SAMPrefs
    15. Congratulations you Unlocked your iPhone!!!