Carrier Can I upgrade to the iPhone on Verizon Edge in the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Jun 13, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

As much as I love my Moto X, I'm just too invested and attached to the iOS platform.

I was considering holding out and waiting for the iPhone 6, but I think I might just go ahead and jump back to the iPhone 5S. I love the 4.7in screen of my Moto X but using my mom's iPhone 5C isn't too much of a challenge. Other than a larger screen I honestly can't think of anything else that the iPhone 6 would bring and I'd rather get the iPhone again sooner than later. Since the iPhone 5S still has an A7 chip too I'm sure it'll be supported for many years (and I can just get the 6S/whatever comes after the 6).

So that said, I'm lucky I'm on Verizon Edge so I don't have to wait two years to upgrade. However, I've never bought an iPhone in the Apple Store and I've always wanted to. I do not however want to lose my Verizon Edge plan. Does the Apple Store honor the Verizon Edge upgrade option?

Also, since I haven't paid of 50% of the device yet, I'd have to have that money up front to finish paying the device. Is that something I do in the Apple Store, is it something I mail into Verizon along with the device, or is it something that is tacked on to our bill for the end of the month (assuming the Apple Store can honor the upgrade)?

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Right now, you can't do Edge, Next or Jump at the Apple Store. You can only do either 2-year contract or pay full price.

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Yep @Rui is right. You can only do things like Edge Up on the Verizon online store OR at a Verizon retail store.