can i use 2a charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NikhilGeek, Sep 24, 2015.

1. NikhilGeek macrumors newbie

NikhilGeek

Basically i have iphone 4s and it takes forever to charge (3-4 hours) which is too slow, now I'm planning to buy 5v - 2.1 charger for fast charging. Can any one assist me that does it will boost up my charging time in compared to apple stock 1a charger? Please kindly reply.

2. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Yes it should charge a little faster than 1A charger, at least on my 6 plus it charges faster with the iPad charger.

3. NikhilGeek thread starter macrumors newbie

NikhilGeek

Thanks for reply, can you tell which is better 12watt charger or 5 watt charger ?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The 12 watt charger is over twice the capacity of the 5 watt. BUT, that does not mean it will charge your device that much quicker. A little quicker yes. 3-4 hours to charge an iPhone from near dead is not bad.

Most just plug their phone in while sleeping and not worry about the time.

5. magbarn macrumors 68000

With my wife's 6 and my 6 plus, the larger iPad chargers charge our phones probably 50% faster than the stock charger so I don't think 6s is any different. It's been tested multiple times and has been well documented.

6. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

yes faster and it will not damage your battery. there was a study that said it would but that was over 750 cycles i think most would be getting a new phone by then

7. NikhilGeek thread starter macrumors newbie

NikhilGeek

Thankyou :), haha i just changed my 4s battery which was about 3 years old and done 1250 cycles , at the end i'll buy 5v - 2.1 charger, hoping for best results.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It won't really charge a phone like the 4S faster as the phone itself basically limits the intake to 1a. Phones like 6 and later can accept more of a current and thus can charge somewhat faster with a charger that is able to provide more current.