Can I use a window mouse on mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NK96, Jul 1, 2016.

1. NK96 macrumors newbie

Jul 1, 2016
    I have a logitech B110 mouse which supports windows but when i put it in the mac usb slot it doesn't pick it up. I googled if you can use windows mouse on a mac and people were saying you can so I don't know why it isn't working for me.
  2. shoehornhands macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2014
    I don't see why that USB mouse wouldn't work on a Mac. Extra mouse buttons and features that require additional software / drivers may not all work if OS X isn't supported, but you should at the very least receive basic functionality.

Have you tried it on a Windows computer / confirmed that it's actually working? It could just be a defective unit.
  3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    My Microsoft mouse works on my MBPRo in both Mac and Windows mode.
  4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

Nov 3, 2014
    I use a Logitech M705 mouse on Macbook Pro., work fine.
  5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2009
    This is something that should just work. The only things to worry are , is this an older rs232 mouse ? NO. Is this a wireless Logitech mouse with a Unifying Receiver? NO.

No to both questions. I am stumped. It should just work. Try another Mac. Get a different mouse

Try going to system report/ USB and see if its being recognized. ( does the power light come on ? )

My Mac mini today didn't power up its external usb superdrive drive so I think ill try rebooting it later

Its a wired mouse. It should just work

If it was a wireless mouse then you would need to know if its bluetooth ( a standard ) or if its 2.4 unifying receiver. The unifying receiver is not a wireless standard, it is a proprietary wireless technology that Logitech sells, and requires software from Logitech to run. There are posts on their Support forums because some of their unifying receivers don't work with OS X 10.11

The thing that says the mouse doesn't work with OS X , was just their SET POINT windows software that they bundle with their mice that you don't need to install at all
  6. MH01 Suspended

Feb 11, 2008