Can I use a window mouse on mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NK96, Jul 1, 2016.

1. NK96 macrumors newbie

I have a logitech B110 mouse which supports windows but when i put it in the mac usb slot it doesn't pick it up. I googled if you can use windows mouse on a mac and people were saying you can so I don't know why it isn't working for me.

2. shoehornhands macrumors regular

I don't see why that USB mouse wouldn't work on a Mac. Extra mouse buttons and features that require additional software / drivers may not all work if OS X isn't supported, but you should at the very least receive basic functionality.

Have you tried it on a Windows computer / confirmed that it's actually working? It could just be a defective unit.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My Microsoft mouse works on my MBPRo in both Mac and Windows mode.

4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I use a Logitech M705 mouse on Macbook Pro., work fine.

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

This is something that should just work. The only things to worry are , is this an older rs232 mouse ? NO. Is this a wireless Logitech mouse with a Unifying Receiver? NO.

No to both questions. I am stumped. It should just work. Try another Mac. Get a different mouse

Try going to system report/ USB and see if its being recognized. ( does the power light come on ? )

My Mac mini today didn't power up its external usb superdrive drive so I think ill try rebooting it later

Its a wired mouse. It should just work

If it was a wireless mouse then you would need to know if its bluetooth ( a standard ) or if its 2.4 unifying receiver. The unifying receiver is not a wireless standard, it is a proprietary wireless technology that Logitech sells, and requires software from Logitech to run. There are posts on their Support forums because some of their unifying receivers don't work with OS X 10.11

The thing that says the mouse doesn't work with OS X , was just their SET POINT windows software that they bundle with their mice that you don't need to install at all

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01