Can I use an iphone as a remote desktop client?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielgrieff, Oct 20, 2008.

1. danielgrieff macrumors newbie

Via usb?
    See the plan I have is to use my computer in certain situations (like on stage) without using a monitor. If i can use remote desktop with the iphone then thatll be a much more convenient solution.
    Also, is this possible over the usb connection? As I dont want to have to use wireless....
    I only need it to work as far as launching an application and pressing the space-bar, I dont need to use it very heavily!

Thanks in advance!

Dan:D

2. cere macrumors 6502

Mochasoft had one on the App store. It wasn't great, but it mostly worked. It was a full RDP client, so you had full access to the PC. It was a pretty unstable and would crash or close the connection frequently and at one point it killed the TS service on my PC so I could not reconnect from any RDP client until I restarted the PC. It has since been pulled off of the AppStore. I think the VNC client is still there and should provide just as much functionality, but it requires a VNC server to be installed and running on the PC.

Edit: in either case, it will not work over USB. Wifi only.

3. danielgrieff thread starter macrumors newbie

Dang. So as far as you know, this is a non-starter?
    I was already aware of the wifi-based setup, theres a thousand youtube videos about it as well....

Thanks!