Can I use an xcode project for more than one app?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cartwa, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cartwa macrumors newbie

cartwa

I am creating a series of apps for submission. They all layout the same - only the content is unique. I have someone make a "template" with blank files as place holders and I insert the real files and submit to apple. The programmer that I use is unavailable for the next week and I have a couple new apps I want to create.

My question is this... can I take a "blank" project that my programmer made for a different app and simply save it 4 times with 4 different names to make four different apps. The app ids would all be unique. The provisioning keys would all be unique. The files would all be different. Just the shell would be the same. Can I do this?

2. boyplunder macrumors regular

boyplunder

You can copy the app folder, changing its name in the process, but you would also have to change the core name in a few places to make this successful.

The build name in target is the main one, but review your files and make the necessary amends to all of them. Trying to build it will soon show you if you have changed them all.