Can I use At&t iPhone 6s on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Feb 28, 2016.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey everyone

So I always purchase my iPhones outright and I want to cancel my AT&T account and move to Verizon. Do you all know by any chance if I can use an AT&T iPhone 6s on Verizon? I purchased it outright! so obviously its been paid for. Thanks.

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

3. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Yes but it depends on how long you have owned the device. I think even if you buy it in full AT&T requires it to be on their network for 31 days or something before they will unlock it?

4. timeconsumer, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016

timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Yes, the AT&T version of the iPhone 6S will work on Verizon assuming it has been unlocked. Since you bought it outright it should be unlocked but if for some reason it isn't, you will need to contact AT&T to unlock it. Other than that, just throw in a Verizon SIM card and you should be good to go.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. Once you unlock it.
    Ask AT&T for an unlock or pay around $10 from an imei unlock from a 3rd party.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

I bought my 6s outright because I thought I was going to switch to Verizon. Long story short I ended up not switching. But I had the phone for a week and ATT granted the unlock. Just contact them see what they say. No harm in asking.