Can I use my 2nd lines upgrade ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steffi, Sep 16, 2012.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

If I havre unlimited on both phones and my other line is eligible for an upgrade can I upgrade but switch numbers between phones and still leave the plans unchanged?

One line is iPhone 4 the other is 4s. Can I upgrade the 4 to a 5 and have it assume the 4s ? And have my 4s assume the 4

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Yes, this is what I'm doing and have done for the past few years. You'll need to call AT&T and do a "cross activation" instead of activating it through iTunes or on the iPhone. You'll have to call AT&T from another phone besides the ones you're swapping.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yes. I'm doing it as well. I plan to get my phone by walking into an Att store so ill just have the rep do it while I'm in there.

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

This.

Make sure you go to the ATT store with old phones and new phones in hand.

Much easier that way. I have done it multiples of times. I have had every rendition of the iPhone except 4s and have never payed full prices due to this. (5 lines on a family plan where 3 of them don't care about having the latest and greatest.)

5. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

I had been told on the forums here that I could simply switch upgrades as I too had one line available and one not. I both called AT&T and went to a store and they wouldn't let me do that. So I had to you the upgrade on my older phone, presumably like the OP. I had assumed I'd have to take both in and do a sim switch. But you're saying I can simply call AT&T and mention "cross activation"?

Thanks