Can I use my 3g iPhone Sim in my Old iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by julric01, Jul 14, 2008.

1. julric01 macrumors member

Just a question - can I pull the sim out of my new 3G iPhone and use it in my old iPhone? Only reason I'm asking is that I'd like to play with my old one with 2.0 now and see if Edge would really be ok with Exchange.

Then if I'm not liking the battery life of my new 3G, I may want to return it and stick with what I had.

2. doug0365 macrumors member

Yeap I use my sim back and forth on all my devices :D

3. julric01 thread starter macrumors member

Yes maybe in other devices, but not in my original iPhone. If I try putting the Sim from my 3g iphone back in my original iphone, it taked me through activation and picking a plan again in itunes through AT&T. I thought I'd be able to just use the original iphone and try out edge again with exchange and see if I could live with it.

If I re-activate, what will that do with my bill?

4. exodus macrumors newbie

exodus

need to do this

I wish this question had been answered. My wife needs to use the old iphone, and when I swapped her current sim (iphone 3gs) to the old iphone 2g, it wants to activate again, and go through setting up a plan. Does anyone know what to do? AT&T is closed for the day, and I just don't think my wife can live with out her phone :D
    -ex

5. bad angel macrumors member

bad angel

You can activate the first-generation iPhone by jailbreaking/unlocking it. It's very easy with the older iPhone models - there are good tutorials at iClarified.com. I have a first-generation iPhone that I use as a back-up phone and I have swapped SIMS with it between my 3G and 3GS (and will do so with my iPhone 4 with the help of a SIM adapter when snowboarding season arrives) many times. I'm never asked to activate a new plan for it.