Can I use my free upgrade on 2 machines?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by hawk1410, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

So i have a new rMBP and an older MBA with Lion. I got the ML free upgrade with the rMBP and can i use it on my MBA or will I have to buy it for the MBA separately?

2. bobbba macrumors regular

Yes it should be registered as a purchase against your apple ID. From there you can install it on up to 5 machines.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

The up-to-date only applies to the new machine.. if you want it on the other machines you have to buy it.

4. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Have you confirmed this personally with Mountain Lion? I know this was the case in the past, but I want to know for sure that this is how it works with ML.

5. NotAdvisable macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

I can confirm that it works on up to 4 other Mac's when you sign-in with your Apple ID and go to the "Purchases" tab in the Mac App Store.

6. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Excellent. I guess I'll just keep waiting then...

7. urkel macrumors 68030

What exactly are you confirming? This thread is regarding the "Free" up-to-date upgrade that you get as a redemption code and so far it seems like nobody who has gone through the up-to-date program has successfully gotten through the App Store.

I'm not saying it will or won't work, but in the forms we had to fill then it listed only one serial per install so I'm not sure if Apple decided to "Microsoft" us and lock it down to be single installs.

8. The DRis macrumors 6502

Or just create a bootable thumbdrive before you install it on your rMBP.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yup this than you can install it on as many Macs as you want(i mean own);)

10. NotAdvisable macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

I'm 'confirming' that you can install ML five times on five different Mac's through an up-to-date program's code. You don't have to be so stuck-up about a person's choice of words...