Can I use my Ipod touch as a Jukebox?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beanogames, Feb 22, 2009.

1. beanogames macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a Dock for my touch and wanted to let my friends choose songs during a party. Is there any way (an app?) that I could make my ipod into a jukebox and let them put songs into a queue that would automatically play in the order the songs were picked?

Beanogames

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You could use the On-the-go playlist function.

3. beanogames thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I use that on the fly while its playing back? And even if i could isn't it a little clunky especially for guys without all of their wits?

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yeah, it's probably not the best to use and to be honest, I've only used it once or twice.

5. beanogames thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the touch just seems a natural for this. I guess i could try to find an app for the mac and route it through audio out to the dock. Meh, also too clunky and risky with the laptop.

6. cerhard macrumors member

just make sure there are only people there that you trust....if not use an old one or something else. it's gonna get jacked.

7. beanogames thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah for sure. Maybe I had better just make a playlist and tell them to deal with the music i picked.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why not hook your laptop to speakers, install the Remote app and use that to control the music? Keep your laptop in another room (prevent it from being stolen) and route an audio cable to the speakers in the party room. Make sure laptop and iPod has wifi access.

9. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

10. beanogames thread starter macrumors newbie