Can I use my mouse trackpad as a stylepad? (MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stofferdk, Sep 10, 2009.

1. stofferdk macrumors regular

Hi there

I am looking to buy one of those external stylepad/drawingboards for mac, but they are quite expensive. I don't need much space anyway, so I thought maybe I could use the mouse trackpad as a stylepad on my MacBook Pro?

I heard there is a built in app in OSX called Ink - which loads up when you connect a stylepad... can one call it forth and just use the trackpad to draw?

It it will be much easier to take notes at uni if I can make small drawings realtime ( without tracking the mouse around ).

Any ideas?

2. nutman macrumors regular

the precision of a wacom tablet kills the track pad if you are doing anything remotely art related. i would invest in a wacom, maybe even the bamboo line, as they are pretty decent and not that expensive. [80 us dollars?] if you are using it for art, you will need the depth of sensitivity, like how hard you are pressing down on the pen, which is where all the expensive technology lies.

3. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

pretty much just need it for small drawings of cells at medical school etc.

4. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

Pieces of paper or wacom. I think you're vaguely insane making notes on your laptop but each to his/her own.