iPad mini can i use non-Apple smartcover? Do they work the same

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kenny1999, Dec 19, 2013.

1. kenny1999 macrumors member

I am not into science. Can I use ANY non-Apple smartcover? Do they work the same and would not give too much magetism to hurt the iPad ? I am not into science. Thanks for answers.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

You can get an open box Smart Cover on eBay for $17

Just select USA seller

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Two questions:

1. Are you into science?

2. What is it that you don't like about the :apple: Smart Cover?

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Perhaps something called "the price"? Not everyone can afford Apple's accessory prices.

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I was looking into some of the knockoffs on the net and was afraid to order any due to the quality.

I finally just settled on ordering from Apple today and got free shipping. I'll have it Monday.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

When you say "the price" do you mean something other than the cost? Otherwise, I don't see a need for the quotation marks.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Why is it that you constantly post sarcastic comments on people's posts (literally 90% of your posts) yet when it's given to you, you get all petty?

I encourage people to look at your post history. It's very telling.

8. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I use a non-apple smart cover. The magnets are fine, in fact if you are worried about magnets being too strong, these ones are weaker. That can be a downside because the magnets are too weak to hold the cover to the screen when the iPad is turned upside down. The other downside it that they are made of cheaper, weaker material and will wear down faster. The only thing going for them is that they are cheaper than the apple version, but I think the extra money for an apple version is worth it.

9. Kisey macrumors 6502a

10. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

When I had an iPad4 I used the Smart Case and it was such a great gadget Bought it for $87 NZD
    Last week I bought and Air so had to replace the smart case it was $129NZD a bloody rip off!
    I was very angry and didn't want to pay $$$ for it so got a Targus case, it doesn't wake the ipad when you open the cover but I think I can live with that and spend $129 for something more useful!
    I only use the cover to carry the iPad otherwise I use it out of the case all the time. Like Steve Jobs said iPads are beautiful devices why would you cover them with cheap cases :)

11. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I wasn't being sarcastic in my response to the OP. Knowing what he or she didn't like about the Apple Smart Cover could help in recommending other products. It's that simple.

In fact, you saying "something called 'the price'" is where the sarcasm began.

Tell me more about my post history since you've apparently been studying me. :)

12. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

13. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

It started with you saying "are you into science" to the OP. People can look at your post history, but I'm not anymore since you're going on my ignore list in one minute.

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It was a joke for the OP. It had nothing to do with you.

Have good day! :D