Can I use Photoshop CS3 For Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Skyberry62, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Skyberry62 macrumors newbie

Hi - Beginning Photography school and we are using Photoshop CS3. I currently have a PC laptop, which will not handle photoshop. I am looking to get a Mac Mini and was wondering if Photoshop CS3 will bog it down too much or will I be ok. Which Mac Mini would you recommend? Thanks! :eek:

Skylar
    [/SIZE]

2. Gata macrumors regular

A Mac Mini would handle Photoshop CS3 just fine.

If you're going to photography school, I suggest you get a laptop (for the sake of portability, if needed). For your general price range, I recommend you get a Macbook.

Also, do you have a Mac or PC version of Photoshop? The PC version of Photoshop isn't going to run on a Mac. If that's the case, I recommend Bootcamp or getting a windows PC altogether.

Good luck! :)

3. Skyberry62 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks, but I don't need a laptop, if I want to work at school they have plenty of computers, I need this soley for working at home. I like the portability of having a laptop, but it's not a "need." And the school doesn't have wifi. I haven't bought photoshop yet, but it will be the MAC version. What is "bootcamp"

4. mrussell macrumors newbie

Bootcamp lets any intel based Mac run windows natively. You can have Windows XP to vista and now Windows 7. I use it when ever I find a PC program that I like and want to try out and even better you can pay all PC games on your mac. But in order to install bootcamp you have to have a a copy of one of the operating systems that I mentioned before so you can install it like another PC.