Can i use Popcorn with Ripit?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MatimusPrime, Mar 10, 2010.

1. MatimusPrime macrumors newbie

I just starting using Ripit, which im pretty pleased with, and now im ready to take it to the next step. Can i use Popcorn 4 to backup my ripit files to a dvd? Also if popcorn will work, is it just better to get toast 10 anyways?

2. rjames86 macrumors member

Ripit will rip the disc into a format that is burnable to a disk. Just remove the .dvdmedia suffix and it'll make the file a folder containing the VIDEO_TS files. No need for Popcorn at all.

3. MatimusPrime thread starter macrumors newbie

so then would i just use the burn program that comes installed on my mac?

4. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Their is a setting in ripit's preferences to not use the .dvdmedia extension. Instead when turned off, it will leave you with the standard VIDEO_TS folder.

As far a burning or compressing, I would use DVD2OneX
    http://www.dvd2one.com/

Both toast and popcorn will give you trouble with many of the discs you have ripped.

In fact, the developers of ripit will occasionally include updates that help ripit work in tune with DVD2OneX

5. rjames86 macrumors member

Ah yes, sorry. Forgot about the compression part of it. The newest version of RipIt has a compression feature. Not sure how good it is.