iPad Can i use PrePaid sim card DATA on ipad ????

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ipad-air2, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ipad-air2 macrumors newbie

if i buy an ipad air wifi + cellular version of ATT can i used tmobile prepaid sim card on it , will it work ??

i see alot prepaid sim card cellular DATA selling on ebay , have anyone try using that way yet ?

thanks ..........:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

I am not certain of what you are asking but let me try to help. My answers are for US tmobile only, I've no information on non-US SIM and carrier options.
    In general, yes you can use a Tmobile SIM on an iPad Air. The iPad Air is unlocked, and not tied to tmobile or ATT. For example, tmobile has a 200MB per month free data plan. You can sign up for that plan by inserting a new tmobile SIM into the iPad Air and going through the sign up process.

However some tmobile plans only work with phones. The 5gig/100 minute/unlimited texts walmart plan will NOT work with the Air because the plan only works with phones and not tablets.

I don't know what data sim listings on ebay you are referring to. Can you post a link to one? T-mobile SIMs in the US are often free or very inexpensive when obtained directly from tmobile. I don't know why anyone would purchase one from ebay. If the listing said the sim was already active with a certain amount do data on it, I would not trust the listing. Again, if you had an example listing, that might help us understand what you are talking about.

3. ipad-air2 thread starter macrumors newbie

you got my point

i have ipad cellular version
    but i dont have data plan yet and i saw alot people on ebay selling
    lte sim 30$ unactivate stuff like that

i would like to check will it work or not