Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi folks,

I'm not a developer, but I have 2 ideas for apps. I'm spec'ing out the ideas for an NDA that i'll have some local developer sign to figure out if my ideas are worthy :)

One of them includes the ability to set a timer for an alarm to go off.
Is the clock feature from the iphone available in the SDK. I haven't dloaded the SDK yet b/c i'm a dolt when it comes to programming and I don't want to pay for something I don't know how to use.

Hope my question is clear enough. I sure wish I know how to code.

Cheers,
Keebler

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
You can set timers and get the current time and date pretty easily - It's a trivial programming task really. The issue is that you can only run one app at a time and your program would end if the user got a phone call or did anything else so the timer would not then go off.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
You can set timers and get the current time and date pretty easily - It's a trivial programming task really. The issue is that you can only run one app at a time and your program would end if the user got a phone call or did anything else so the timer would not then go off.

that's great. Thanks for the answer Caveman. Appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.