Can I use this in my iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Jan 13, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I have an AT&T iPhone 5. Can I use it on TelCel? They said as long as it is compatible with TMobile than it will be okay. I am going to unlock it shortly. Has anyone tried this SIM card before?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

Advice

iPhone 5 will work at 4g ( non LTE ) speeds on t-mobile. I heard somewhere that this requires refarmed areas.

I think there was one version of the iPhone that was Lte compatible and it ran on channels 2 or 4 or aws?

I had a verizon iPhone 5.. It ran fine on tmobile at 4g speeds in San jose, California

It wasn't lte, but the speeds were almost 9 Megabit which was faster then the LTE that verizon offered in my area.

Unlock the phone.

Once it is unlocked, and you want to double check if your iPhone 5 will be either 2g,3G or 4g, buy the "simple mobile " SIM card from Amazon. It sells for 1 cent and it should tell you what speeds you will get without investing any money
    Or signing up to any plan

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just had mine replaced with a new refurbished one from apple on October. Is there anyway to know which one it is? I bought the original phone on launch day.

----------

It will be shortly. It is out of contract.

----------

I'm okay with most any speed... It is just for a few days when in Mexico on vacation.

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

My unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 logged into Telcel near the Mexican border in Arizona. So I am pretty sure that the bands will work. My phone started roaming, so I obviously did not put a Telcel SIM in..