iPad Can I use this sim in an iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Jun 15, 2014.

1. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

Unlimited data for an iPad is something that I have been looking into for the last couple of days. I'm finding out that there are no unlimited plans for iPads anymore. However it seems that if you have a Verizon account and a Verizon unlimited telephone plan, you can pop that soon into a Verizon iPad and have a truly unlimited data supply. But you already have to have it.
    T-Mobile does offer an unlimited data plan for a telephone that is still available.. Will that Sim designed to be used in the telephone also working in an iPad? I know that it cannot be done using AT&T devices and Sims.
    Anyone with that experience using T-Mobile?

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

Just be aware that telephone providers will "know" if the sim card is in a tablet or phone. So what is unlimited data for a phone sim, may charge a different rate when that same card is inserted into a tablet. Just know what your plan is:eek:

3. datamonger128 macrumors regular

datamonger128

Your signature states that your iPad Air has service provided by AT&T. While Verizon phones may use SIM cards now, they still use the CDMA network, so your Verizon SIM may not work in your AT&T iPad.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Can you expound on this? How will they "know?" I was not aware of any network capability on Verizon's behalf. Just curious as how you know. Do you work for them?

5. ron7624 thread starter macrumors 68020

ron7624

The Air in my sig is used by my wife. I want to ditch my heavy 3, which I use at home only for an Air for me.. So I'm looking for my best options at this point. I've not gotten it yet....

6. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

It'll work fine if it's an LTE sim.