iPad Pro Can I use this to quick charge the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by daedalus3, Jun 4, 2016.

1. daedalus3 macrumors newbie

2. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I have very little experience with third party chargers though I have bought usb cables from truck stops. They always worked for 3 days then never again. And though I sometimes cringe at the cost of Apple accessories I have always found them to be the best. I did purchase a Belkin 2.1 amp 12V charger, but it was sold at an Apple Store so I knew that it was certified. And now that I have a 1000 dollar iPad Pro 12.9 I cerntinlly won't risk a third party charger unless it is certified by Apple.
    I hope this helps a bit.

3. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

I'm pretty sure it won't charge @ 29W. It may charge at 12W / 15W however.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

The Apple 29 watt charger is a worthwhile investment.

5. jason.rogers macrumors newbie

How much faster is it to charge?

6. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

From 0 to 100 in 90 minutes.

7. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

That seems about right for me as well. And it is indeed a bit of an investment, €39 for the cable, €59 for the usb-c charger and there goes another 196 bucks because it was so good and fast, I bought a second one. One at home, one at the office for a quick top up. I've got the 12W charger for the night, then it doesn't matter that much if it takes a whopping 5 hours to charge.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's not even comparable. There were times that I was charging while streaming video and it was actually losing ground. That does not happen now that I'm using 29 watt. When I charged my iPad Pro 12.9" AT"&T using the factory charger and cable it took around five hours each time. The 29 watt can charge it in around two hours.