Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Hi guys so here is my situation - I get no service at all from T-mobile while inside my building at work. Other than that no complaints with coverage.

My idea was to get the Verizon pre-paid data plan that gives you 8gb and activate that on the Esim - here is my question: is it possible to do that and only use the Verizon data while at work, then switch to using t-mobile for everything when I leave for the day? And how do I do that?

ImAnAgent

Suspended
Oct 11, 2018
My mind
As you were told on Reddit, Verizon doesn't do prepaid eSim.

I am in the same situation, T-Mobile at home where I get a great signal but not on AT&T, and AT&T at work because T-Mobile sucks there.

It just shows there are no perfect carriers. Our complaints are not the only ones who have that experience.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
As you were told on Reddit, Verizon doesn't do prepaid eSim.

I am in the same situation, T-Mobile at home where I get a great signal but not on AT&T, and AT&T at work because T-Mobile sucks there.

It just shows there are no perfect carriers. Our complaints are not the only ones who have that experience.

Ok thanks..... hoping that Verizon offers pre-paid esim soon as that would be the prefect solution to my problem granted I can switch back and forth for data use.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Same here T-mobile post paid has mo eSIM and VZW prepaid has no eSIM.... I think I go back to Att and use eSIM on it and VZW in addition on rSIM. The place where I go has no T-monile at all and very spotty Att.
John had a lot of fan on Att 5G Netgear size, but I have to carry 2 phones which is same size.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Double back sticky tape. Stick phones back to back. Be like having huge case on one phone.

Need duel insertable sim phone like China version.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Double back sticky tape. Stick phones back to back. Be like having huge case on one phone.

Need duel insertable sim phone like China version.
You gonna laugh, this exactly what I did last time skiing. May be I order double sim iPhone from Hong Kong. But it is way cheaper to get back on Att as of now.

Reactions: HEK

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Someone suggested on reddit I switch my t-mobile service to esim and then get Verizon prepaid on the regular sim.... I didn’t feel like begging t-mobile customer service to turn on my esim but I might just have to.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Someone suggested on reddit I switch my t-mobile service to esim and then get Verizon prepaid on the regular sim.... I didn’t feel like begging t-mobile customer service to turn on my esim but I might just have to.

Tried multiple times (phone, Twitter, iMessages and a store) to switch to eSIM with no success, I think they closed the loophole. :-(
I have couple weeks till the end of my billing cycle and go back to Att where I can get what I want, but 30 dollars and 42 cents more expensive for 4 voice lines and 3 Apple Watch lines. May be in couple years I try T-mobile again.

Reactions: bigjnyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.