Can I view photos by person?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by sakau2007, Oct 19, 2011.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I spend quite a bit of time tagging my photos making sure they have the right camera, people tagged, photographer, etc. etc.

Is there a way to view more than just by album and by places? If not, this would be a welcome addition. For all the cool things Apple products offer, I'm amazed at the lack of what I would think would be totally standard features. I'm not sure if/how many other phones can do this, but it seems like it would be an incredibly easy feature to implement.

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Sure, you can view by 'Faces'--option available at the bottom of the screen in the photos app on iPhone or top of the screen on iPad.

3. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see 'faces' on my iPhone (iPhone 4). Just albums and places.

4. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Small White Car, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You have to tag the faces using either iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac.

If you do that, and then sync the photos from there to your phone, you'll see the 'Faces' button on the phone.

[​IMG]

6. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, i hate apple for this kind of crap. not sure if this is the last straw, but them forcing me to do use itunes to sync my phone is bad enough. forcing me to use other mac products and their proprietary tagging system to be able to get full functionality on my phone is downright asinine.

7. Small White Car, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm not aware of a "non-proprietary face-tagging" system. This is kind of one of those strange fringe features.

It's not like HTML or e-mail where there's some big standard out there that Apple is ignoring. Everyone pretty much has to make up their own thing for stuff like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think Lightroom DOES face tagging. So they're not just ignoring Adobe for no reason.

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Well how did you tag them? What program do you use?

9. JAT macrumors 603

It's actually iPhoto, not iTunes. iTunes just syncs them to the phone.