Can I wake up to a network I created? Thanks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacDre707, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MacDre707 macrumors newbie

If I create a network two connect two Macbooks through Airport can I save it like a preferred network so that when I wake up from sleep it will automatically connect to that created network?

I can leave my desktop computer connected to the created network so it can stay discoverable in airport but I would like to be able to come home with my laptop and wake up with the computers connecting automatically instead of manually having to do it every time I get out of sleep. Thanks

Running latest snow with a macbook pro at home and a macbook on the road. I tried everything from manually deleting all preferred connection in the network preference and adding only the created network. I also deleted all airport keychain access except for the created network. Still nothing so any help is appreciated, thanks.

I need to be able to do this without a wireless router for a reason. Thanks

2. MacDre707 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to clarify, I want to wake up many computer manually and have airport connect to my created network automatically.

I am not trying to wake up to a wireless router network because I do not have a problem with that.

Is it even possible? or is it something im doing wrong??? Thanks and any help appreciated.