Can I watch streaming TV on IPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigDukeSix, Mar 4, 2011.

1. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I did a search, but could not really find the correct answers.

I am now thinking about getting an IPad 1 since the price has come down.

Will I be able to go to a website, say www.cbs.com for example, and watch NCIS or Survivor streaming on an Ipad, as I can on my Macbook?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Yes

Yes! Don't know about NCIS in particular but I stream episodes of Castle.

3. BigDukeSix thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I like that answer. I did not know if all the websites were compatible, or if only ABC/Disney was compatible.

Will the IPad also work with the free HULU website?

And, if I have uploaded my own movies to ITunes, can I stream them to an IPad, or will it only play rented content?

I am sure these are basic things I should know, but wanted to tap into the collective knowledge base just to be sure. I would also assume that if I can do this on an IPad, I can also do it in an IPhone 4?

4. X2D macrumors newbie

Try playon premium it has a lot of streaming options.

5. Rev4 macrumors newbie

As far as I can tell, ABC is one of the few broadcasting stations to provide their content as a native iPad app. (i could be wrong about this)

However, you can NOT use Hulu. In order to use Hulu, you have to download Hulu Plus, and pay 8 dollars a month. If you don't have cable or anything, this is probably a good investment.

I recommend getting Skyfire, the app lets you watch flash videos (like Southparkstudios.com, and The Daily Show and Colbert Report) directly on your iPad.

And, as always, Netflix is an incredible option if you're willing to pay 8 dollars a month.

Last but not least, you can definitely rent movies on your iPad. You can also download movies from iTunes and then place them on your iPad. You cannot, however, stream movies from your computer to your iPad, as of yet. (at least in a simple way, and without jailbreaking your iPad)

And, yes, everything, except for the abc app, I mentioned here can be done on the iPhone.