can i work on the same iWeb on different Macs?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krewelement394, Feb 12, 2011.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

Hi, i made a website on iWeb. i used my iMac to make it, but i would like to work on the same website using my Macbook. is there anyway?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I used to do something like this with iTunes until they implemented alternative library selection. I'm 99% sure the same concept will apply. (Backup the files I'm about to mention before you try this). You'll have to have an external drive (flash drive is fine unless the site is huge) to store the 'Domain' file from iWeb. This is where the site content and layout is stored.

Take a look at this page:
    http://macamour.com/blog/2009/01/15/transfer-an-iweb-website-from-a-mac-to-another/

I think that you can skip the copying step and just double click on the domain file from the flash drive in order to keep the drive's version the current one. Be sure to make a backup of the original before you try this :)

3. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

i use Dropbox and i have that application installed on both computers. so what ever files i have on the original iweb file computer(iMac)....? (confusing i know) i have on my macbook.