Can I....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duck33, Sep 3, 2011.

1. duck33 macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken iPhone4 (Verizon) running 4.2.8. I'm having issues with my home button not working all the time. Before I take my phone into Apple I know, I need to restore. My question is.. If Apple swaps out my phone for a new one, will I be able to jailbreak the new one?

I have saved all my blobs on the cydia server and also backed up using tiny umbrella.

2. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

Most of the replacement ones are running current OS builds in the box. There's no way to guarantee that you'll get an older OS preinstalled. Most of the time they'll update it to the new version before you leave the store.

Have you tried cleaning the home button with an alcohol pad and some pressure? Sometimes dirt from fingers gets stuck under the button.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Shsh blobs are unique to each iPhone. So you will not be able to use them to downgrade the replacement iPhone.
    They will only work with your current Phone.

4. duck33 thread starter macrumors regular

I had a feeling that was the case. I guess I'll just live with it now. When the 5 comes out I plan on giving the wife the 4. She's not the jailbreaking type so I'll take it in then.

Thanks!

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's a very common problem. I just exchanged it. yes losing all my blobs i was sad but getting a home button that works priceless.

6. simple20 macrumors regular

I had the same issue, I took it to a local repair center and got a new home button actuator installed for 50 bucks in 1.5 hours. Its very comparable to iresq 50 bucks for repair with dual overnight shipping. I kept my blobs, and my phone, and the home button works great again.