Can I....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Helmsy67, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Helmsy67 macrumors member

Hello all i'm jailbroken on 4.3.3 on my IP4. my question is can i restore my iPhone 4 to 4.3.3.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. Helmsy67 thread starter macrumors member

Thats what i thought. But if apple were still signing 4.3.3 then i would be able to correct? Sorry just tryin to learn myself a little

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

no if you restore you will be forced to go 4.3.5 Apple is not signing 4.3.3 hence the need for blobs. this is very searchable in via google and this forum.

5. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

i always end up going to recent firmware version

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

How long have you been jailbroken? You know, you might have your blobs saved in Cydia. Also, if you haven't done anything, and you're still on 4.3.3, you can use iFaith to dump the 4.3.3 blobs, make a pre-signed and pre-jailbroken firmware, and restore to that! I got a white iPhone 4, with 4.3.3 installed on it, when 4.3.5 was the firmware that Apple was signing. I used iFaith and it worked great!

7. Helmsy67 thread starter macrumors member

I've been jailbroken since 4.3.3 came out. I'm not sure if I have them save or not and i don't know how to check. I'll keep the iFaith in my back pocket if I never need because I'm not planning on unjailbreaking just yet I was just wondering if I could. How could I check to see if my blobs are saved in cydia.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Tiny umbrella will allow you to check it's also how you would restore from blobs if you have them. IFaith is hit or miss according to IH8sn0w the Dev it depends on the limera1n exploit IE redsn0w Jailbreakme does not use the limera1n exploit. don't know other then what I read I'm not a IH8Sn0w fan.