Can iMovie 09 do this??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BitterB, Oct 4, 2009.

1. BitterB macrumors member

I just migrated from Tiger to Snow Lep and it seems Snow Lep adversely impacts my old iMovie HD 06 projects, and it won't even allow me to create new projects the way I used to....the timing gets all messed up.

The issue with iMovie HD in Snow Lep seems to be around the timing of stills and photos. Snow Lep isn't recognizing the time limits I set on the stills and the voice over narration and plug-in effects I've added aren't working the way they should...like they did in the Tiger world.

Can anyone with iMovie 09 experience tell me if the new version can handle what I need?? What I want iMovie to do is be able to handle my sports highlight clips, my voice over of training comments, title slides and stills between video clips, and also allow me to use a video effect like a circle or arrow to identify the players to focus on. Are effects like circles and arrows already built in, or available as a 3rd party plug-in add-on?? I create training videos for game officials, and if I could get iMovie 09 to do what I need....bye bye iMovie HD.

Thanks in advance for your comments. I have iLife 09 as part of the 'box set' I purchased, but haven't installed it yet.

2. BitterB thread starter macrumors member

Is iMovie 09 plug in capable??

OK...no responses on my original post here, so I'll simplify things:

Does anyone know if iMovie 09 is plug-in capable?? When I start using it I'd like it to be able to have "circles" and "arrows" as effects in helping me point out items of interest in my stills or clips.

Many thanks to any iMovie 09 user that can help provide insight....:)