Can iOS 4.2 GM for iPad be Jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adamran, Nov 2, 2010.

1. adamran macrumors member

Hi,

I cant find a definite answer on Google so I was wondering can it be done and with what tool?

Thanks for your help :)

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

The GM has only been out for about three minutes and the official release is a week or two away. Give the jailbreaking world a few minutes to react, okay?

3. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Patience... The hacking teams will need time to work out how to JB it. Could be weeks!

4. adamran thread starter macrumors member

Alright, but things on google say a jailbreak for the 4.2 GM is out there but I cant find it, I think your wrong.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

*facepalm* Don't trust everything you see on Google. Only trust what you see at the Dev Team blog.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Then why don' t u just install it on your jail broken iPad and let us know? U believe everything u see on Internet, so sad.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, you just linked to the answer OP is looking for. Read "Update#1" to the latest blog entry. ;)

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

aliens are walking among us...the internet says so. don't believe me?-I think you're wrong!

9. rikbrown macrumors regular

From the site:

In other words, it'd be a bad idea for OP to do it. If they needed to ask on this forum whether it was possible, I doubt they're a developer.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agreed. But the question was, can it be done, and the answer is, yes. In this case, it appears Google was correct in giving an indefinite answer. It can be done, but it's not very useful at the moment.

11. adamran thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha, Love how some of you embarrassed yourselves here :D

12. adamran thread starter macrumors member

A claim that are Aliens walking among us would be an extraordinary statement which I would want backing up with some equally extraordinary evidence, a tech news site saying 4.2gm is jail-breakable wouldn't come under the same scrutiny.