Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
or vice versa? This might be a silly question, but I hook my iphone up to the stereo in the house and then sit on the deck to listen to the music. Sometimes it would be nice to go to the next song, or switch to pandora, etc without having to get up and go inside. Is there an app that would let me "control" the iphone or maybe stream from the ipad to the iphone so I can listen to what I want to? May not be explaining it well...could explain why the search function isn't bring up any options ;)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I don't know of a way to control each other, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :)

I'm not sure what your setup is, but I used to plug my (PC) laptop into my surround sound and use the Apple Remote app to control iTunes. It works over wifi.

Hope you find a way to make it work.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
If you decided to go the route of using your computer for music (iTunes, pandora, etc.) you could also use one of the apps that lets you access the computer from your iDevice.

A2DY

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
Airspeaker will do it I think.

I use it by putting my phone on my stereo iPod dock. Then can play music on my iPad and the iPhone shows as an AirPlay speaker so steams from iPad to iPhone and out of speakers.

Does mean they both need to be connected to the same wifi network.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
Just get an apple tv, allows users to stream video or audio from the iPad to any stereo or surround sound system with an HDMI input port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.