Can iPhone 3G import Outlook tasks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by simplequestion, Jul 11, 2008.

1. simplequestion macrumors newbie

An amazingly simple question with an amazingly difficult answer (apparently).

Can someone who has the new iPhone please help me out.

I've been told by two AT&T reps that it could but haven't heard anything online about it.

This is a deal breaker for me.

Can it import tasks from Outlook out of the box?

Thanks.

2. alaBENbama macrumors newbie

I don't have a 3G iphone but a 1st gen and I am trying. BUt I don't think it will. Because I don't know where it would put it. If that makes sense. You have a notes app. but I don't believe it syncs with anything. i"ll let you know.

3. simplequestion thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man for the reply.

Anyone else....please please please chip in here!

4. Fibonacci macrumors newbie

Just what I have heard/read on other posts and sites, the answer is NO. We're up the creek for now, but I am praying that someone will build an APP for both Notes and Tasks.

5. alaBENbama macrumors newbie

The only thing I can find is a list in your calendar app. that list everything happening during the days of the week.

6. simplequestion thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up.

What the heck is wrong with Apple?

7. simplequestion thread starter macrumors newbie

8. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Outlook/Exchange tasks are not supported, only contacts / calendars / mail.

9. nwlaurie macrumors newbie

YEEEES!!! It CAN be done ...

... but Oh So Tedious! I've found that by moving my Outlook notes (from a WM6 PDA) to my iMac, then importing them into my Mark/Space notebook (which I had to have to be able to get at any of my PDA stuff onto my new - and first - Mac) I could then drag them, one by one (that's not even the tedious bit yet!) into a selected date on my iCal.
    The date I chose was 01/01/1000.
    I then had to squash each entry down to the minimum (1/4 hour) size and stack them neatly.
    It was a bit of a pain for my 100 or so notes, but at least I can now reach them on my iPhone (3G - I queued!).
    Like others, I hope someone will come up with a more flexible app than the built-in nonsense.
    And cut 'n paste...
    Nick

10. Jowl macrumors 6502

The answer is NO (apart the above!)

And it's so annoying! I use tasks a lot on Outlook from my PDA days. I'm trying to replace my PDA with the iPhone. I'm using the simple 'ToDO' app from the App store - but no way to sync (on Windows) and only basic.

It's similar for Outlook Notes - I work a lot in schools and have notes listed for each school. Ive got around this by pasting the notes into the Contacts 'Note' field.

Come on Apple - we need these options! Businesses need these!

11. chrisdancy macrumors newbie

12. brian5 macrumors member

brian5

Yeah, I've been using their products on the Palm and had good experiences there. Going to probably get this. I say probably because they plan to license it for $9.95 PER YEAR! I don't really like the subscription plans unless the product is changing e.g. Zagat guide.

13. FreeLunch1 macrumors member

I Agree. Charging per year to sync your tasks is too much. I'd rather buy it once then have to pay to sync tasks every year.

14. augustus-mcrae macrumors newbie

What's the holdup? Why isn't it available now? It looks perfect, even though a little expensive. But I figure something better will come along before they get a second year's fee.

15. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Try Omnifocus

It seems to be one of the best task management programs out there. It works only on a Mac iCal and the iPhone though, so if you have a PC you're SOL.

In the meantime, I suggest moving all your tasks to calendar events.

16. robinroop macrumors newbie

sync outlook tasks with Iphone

I use an App called KeyTasks by Chapura to sync my outlook tasks with my Iphone

17. Dre325 macrumors newbie

There's other apps that do this as well in the app store. Just search for Outlook Task. There's some that are free that use your Exchange server to sync directly.

After searching through literally hundreds of ToDo list applications in the app store and trying many of them out, I settled on Toodledo. It works excellent and syncs with Toodledo.com for backup. You can import your tasks from Outlook into Toodledo.com without any problems initially. Just depends what you are looking for out of your to do list program.

18. brian5 macrumors member

brian5

I decided to look into this Outlook task synching again to see if there were any elegant solutions yet. Unfortunately, there are not :( Maybe there will be in iPhone OS 4.0...

KeyTasks from Chapura is gone (at $9.95 per year it was a bad model anyway).

The best option right now appears to be to use the Toodledosync Outlook Synchonization application (on Windows) to automatically sync to the Toodledo cloud. Then use the Toodledo app on iPhone ($3.99). This appears to all work pretty well -- the tasks do sync.