Can iphone be set up to have one button only on welcome screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gojira777, Nov 25, 2008.

1. gojira777 macrumors newbie

seems like a bizarre question, but it is for a person who has some memory loss. we would like to set up an 8gb iphone 2g to have only one button on the welcome screen-and for that button to call a certain pre-programmed number. does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how to do it? thanks in advance for looking and your assistance. have a happy thanksgiving!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

There is, but you have to JailBreak your iPhone...

3. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

Seems like an awful waste of an iphone to just call one number. Surely there's a simpler option? I've heard of mobiles for kids that have 4 buttons on the front, each one dials a preprogrammed number. If this is just for emergencies, you'll want something that is simple, cheap in case of loss and not in need of a daily charge.

M.

4. phannon666 macrumors regular

There is sort of an option. You can place blank icons as webclips from the following website, and there are apps out there that call a predesignated number.

The website for blank webclips is: http://blankspace.zendfree.com/

5. svndmvn Guest

No need to jailbreak I think, download from the app store girlfriend caller or bf caller or one click caller,put it on your home screen and move the rest to another page

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Bingo.

If the O.P. wants things removed so a child can't use them, well, that's different. But if it's just a personal-preference thing, this is the way to go.

7. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

8. arubinst macrumors 6502

Probably because...

9. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Still...memory loss doesn't explain one icon. I can understand the argument of not knowing which one to push why would you give a person with memory loss an iphone in the first place?

Anyway....

10. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

+1

11. gojira777 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all your suggestions. i agree that it is a waste of an iphone, but my rich boss wants to see if it can be done. of course they will have to remember to push other buttons on top and slide the bar on the welcome screen as well, which sort of defeats the purpose. but thanks again for the ideas.